Solar Pond Aeration & Fountain ProjectAdam
Converting the backyard pond with an AquaJet series solar pump kit
Below you’ll find a quick overview of how we converted an old “plug-in” style water pump with a AquaJet Pro 24V night and day solar pump kit made by Silicon Solar. If you’re interested in a building a solar powered waterfall, check out this project.
The details of the pond:
- Existing AC Pump: 50 watts(much oversized)
- The goal?: Replace the existing AC pump which stopped working with the AquaJet solar pump kit. Algae was starting to build up and we were forced to drain the pond.
- How big was the pond: About 300 gallons
- Time to build up the system: 1-2 hours (this was part of a BBQ project… let’s say it took a little longer than expected)
- Settings on the AquaJet Kit: I used the 12V setting (there is a power control on the storage system), to optimize how long my pump would run into the evening. There are three settings, (12,18, and 24V).
What I used to build this fun project:
- AquaJet 24V Pro night and day pump kit (Below)
- Landscaping stones