How To Clean Your HydroJet Solar Pool Pump Debris BasketAdam
Cleaning the debris basket on your HydroJet solar pool pump is critical to maintain perfect operation, limiting the amount of maintenance required and extending the pump’s lifetime. When the basket is full or clogged, it makes your pump work harder to circulate water. This harder work will shorten your pump’s lifetime and stress the seals.
It is recommended that you clean out the debris basket on your HydroJet solar pool pump every week or so when your pool is in use.
How To Clean Your HydroJet Solar Pool Pump Basket
- Turn off your pool pump and heater (if the heater was running, you should wait 5-10 minutes for the heater to cool down before turning off the pump
- Close the skimmer and main drain valves
- If the pool pump is located in the pool below the water level, turn the filter valve to “Closed”
- Remove the pump lid
- Use a garden hose to wash out the pump basket. Be careful as baskets can become brittle over time and break easily
- Inspect the basket for any signs of damage and replace if needed
- Re-install the pump basket – some may twist-lock in place (do not over-tighten the basket)
- Inspect the pump lid and O-ring for cracks or damage and lubicrate the O-ring with petroleum jelly if it appears dry
- Re-install the pump lid and O-ring (do not over-tighten)
- Make sure the filter valve is in the “Filter” position
- Open the main drain valve all the way
- Open the air relief valve on the pool filter
- Turn the pool pump on
- Once the pump is primed, open the rest of the skimmer valves one at a time
- When a steady stream of water is visible coming out of the air relief valve, close it
- Turn the pool cleaner pump and heater back on (if desired)
Want To Save Money Running Your Pool This Year?
Check Out Our HydroJet Solar Pool Pumps