Install your own solar hot water systemAdam
Silicon Solar Inc offers a variety of products provided by Sunmaxx solar which make installing a solar energy system easier and more affordable than ever before. To get started and lea more about solar hot water heating systems we have provided a list of some basic steps you will need to follow in order to get started with solar hot water technology.
Domestic Hot water:
domestic hot water is the hot water which you are using for non-space heating applications. Typically each person in a household will require 20 gallons of domestic hot water each day.
Evacuated Tube Collectors:
the SunMaxx evacuated tube solar hot water heating equipment is ideal for applications where either a high water temperature is required or where the ambient temperate is below 45 degrees (during the heating season)
Flat Plate Solar Collectors:
Typically we recommend using these types of collectors in warmer environments.
If you are not sure where to get started and would like to speak with a SHW representative, simply call us at 1-800-786-0329.
- Sizing your solar hot water systems:
- Determine if your location is suitable for the installation.
- Determine if your roof is suitable for the weight loads of your solar collectors.
- Selecting and installer or installing the system yourself.
- Contacting Silicon Solar for a quotation of your required equipment.