Outdoor Solar Sign Light for Entrance & Surface Signs GenLight 4X
The GenLight 4X solar powered sign light is the highest grade solar sign lighting system in its class. Each light utilizes a cutting-edge GenCXL proprietary solar charging circuit designed to prolong battery life and increase operating efficiency. This technology allows each GenLight 4X to power two extremely bright lighting fixtures dusk till dawn minimizing the size (and correspondingly the cost) of the required solar panel and battery units.
- Solar Technology: Mono crystalline solar panel
- Light Output: GenLight 4X LED Energy Efficient Flood Lights: 2X 75 Watts (750 lumen each). Suitable for 80% of monument / entrance signs
- Battery Storage: Integrated AGM batteries provide long lasting power and warranty
- Sign Illumination Area: 10′ x 14′ sign per fixture (unit includes 2 fixtures)
- Integrated Lighting Timer: Solar lighting system includes a timer that can be set for 2,4,6, 8, and all-night operation. The control switch can be easily toggled at the time of installation using onboard toggle switch.
Questions? Just give us a call at 1-800-786-0329 9AM-5PM EST.
- Additional information
- Reviews (10)
- Brochure & Datasheets
- Replacement Part & Accessories
Since 1999 we’ve been manufacturing solar lighting systems in upstate New York. We are proud of the products and services we offer our customers. Need help with a custom project? Give us a call or come stop in.
The GenLight 4X solar powered sign light is the highest grade solar sign lighting system in its class. Each light utilizes a cutting-edge GenCXL proprietary solar charging circuit designed to prolong battery life and increase operating efficiency. This technology allows each GenLight 4X to power two extremely bright lighting fixtures from dusk till dawn, while minimizing the size (and correspondingly the cost) of the required solar panel and battery units.
The GenLight 4X includes two, high output lighting fixtures, each of which can brilliantly illuminate 10 feet x 14 feet of signage (per side). Thus, the GenLight 4X is ideal for fully illuminating medium sized, two-sided signage.
Manufactured in our New York production plant, the GenLight 4X incorporates high efficiency LED’s inside of an aluminum housing for maximum illumination and heat dissipation. The GENLight-4x is powered by a high-efficiency crystalline solar module and Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) battery bank. AGM batteries are lighter than traditional lead acid batteries, provide better electrical reliability, and deeper cycle applicability. Moreover, AGM batteries, due to their lack of free electrolyte, will not crack and leak in extremely cold environments, allowing the GenLight 4X to provide solar lighting in cold climates. In fact, AGM batteries are routinely chosen for remote sensors such as ice monitoring stations in the Arctic.
Each light fixture includes 20 feet of wiring allowing each fixture to be placed separately, up to 20 feet from the battery and charging terminal. Additionally, each kit includes a stainless steel pole mount for the solar panel, which can affix to most pole 1.5 inches to 3 inches in diameter.
Warranty policy? No problem. We’ve got you covered. We use commercial grade solar panels and components to ensure the longest lifespan. If you need additional vandal proof enclosures or protection, just let us know. We offer custom solar sign light manufacturing, click here.
Warranty & Maintenance
- 25 year warranty on solar panel
- 5 year warranty on light fixture
- 5 year warranty on controller (Power Center)
How do I install?
All GenLight solar sign lighting kits come plug and play out of the box. We’ve included a few examples of the considerations you will need to make during the installation process.
- Light Fixture Installation: Light fixtures each come with a “U” bracket, which can be anchored to a post material or attached to a “U” post clamp, for mounting to a post. If you need specific attachments, just let us know what you’re trying to attach to.
- Solar Panel Location: Each solar panel includes a solar panel mounting system designed to be attached to a 1.5″ to 3″ metal (or non metal) post. It’s flexible and easy to install. Yep, it’s stainless steel as well.
What’s the best part? We are here to help with your installation. Whether you’re looking for someone to assist with site plans or electrical questions, just let us know.
How much space do you need?
A little planning is still required even with the fact that our lighting kits are Plug and Play.
- Solar Panel Space: You’re solar panel is approximately 24″ x 48″. Ideally this is attached facing towards south (or a southern direction) for optimizing the amount of sunlight your lighting system can capture.
- LED Fixtures: Each light fixture is 9″ (L) X 8″ (W) X 2″ (H); (height is thickness)
- Power Center: The power center includes your battery, lighting controls, safety disconnects, and enclosure. Budget 12″ (H) x 12″ (W) x 20″ (L). This can be also attached to the same post as your solar panel.
Solar Sign Light Sizing Guide
Below is a quick reference guide to help with selecting the right solar powered sign light for your project.
Custom Sign Lighting Request Form
Need additional help with sizing your sign light? We offer custom in-house made in the US sign lighting solutions for all solar sign lighting applications. Just give us a call or send us a message below. We respond within 30 minutes during normal business hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
It will depend on the area you are lighting. For two-sided lighting the maximum area for only one light would be 10’X14’ anything larger you should purchase two lights.
Yep! The time can be adjusted or pre-set in our manufacturing facility. Easy to use and adjust. Auto calibrates based on dusk / dawn settings.
Solar DIY Project & Idea Guides from our Customers
ROCKY POND WITH BEAUTIFUL STATUE POWERED BY SOLAR FOUNTAINBeautiful rocky pond with beautiful statue powered kit using our AquaJet... read more
SOLAR POWERED HALF CIRCLE BLACK STONE BASE FOUNTAIN KITBeautifulhalf circle black stone base fountain kit using our AquaJet 24V... read more