20 Evacuated Tube Collector
20 Evacuated Tube Collector
20 Evacuated Tube Collector:
The SunMaxx 20 Evacuated Tube Solar Collector is now SRCC Certified!
ThermoPower: Silicon Solar offers pre-packaged solar hot water heating systems for both the do-it-yourself customer and the professional installer. Each system includes the primary components required when installing a solar hot water heating system. It is our goal to keep our product cost low in order to ensure that we are making renewable energy products more affordable to the community.
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
All systems have been tested under the highest quality standards in order to ensure the longevity of your solar heating system. If you are unsure of where to start or if you require guidance with your solar hot water heating system please contact a solar hot water specialist at 1-888-SOLAR-11.
Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are extremely efficient and cost-effective particularly in colder climates where other Solar Collectors suffer from limited performance and other problems due to their lack of freeze protection. Evacuated Tube Collectors however are extremely freeze protected leading to efficiencies of over 70% even in freezing temperatures. The unique design and collection properties of these Evacuated Tubes make them exceedingly efficient even in low-light conditions which is also a definite advantage in winter.
SunMaxx Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are the most affordable cost-effective solar collectors available on the market today.
How Evacuated Tubes Work
SunMaxx 20 Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are designed to efficiently provide hot water for a number of applications in climates and locations across the United States and around the world. SunMaxx customers use the SunMaxx 20 for domestic hot water radiant heating and pool/hot tub heating everyday on residential commercial industrial and municipal locations. A single SunMaxx 20 provides 40000 BTUs of heating capacity a day under optimum conditions which is more than enough to provide 40 to 50 gallons of hot water for domestic use.
- Weight: 194 lbs (without crating)
- Dimensions: 73 (with pipe connections) x 6.6 ft
- Packaging: Ships via freight on pallet or is available for local pickup (1 pallet is available for residential or commercial delivery.)
- Assembly Time: A single collector can be assembled in 1.5 hours
- Manufacturer: Silicon Solar Inc.
- Warranty:3 Year limited (extended warranty available)
- Expected Lifetime: 25-30 Years
- Fitting: 1 NPT
- Standard Flush and Tilt Mounting Frame
- Manifold (header)
- 20 Revolutionary SunMaxx Evacuated Tubes
- 20 Copper Heat Pipes
- Hardware Required for Collector Assembly
- Tube Length: 70 in
- Outer Tube Diameter: 2.2 in
- Inner Tube Diameter: 2.1 in
- Tube Thickness: 0.1 in
- Tube Material: Borosilicate Glass 3.3
- Tube Coating: Graded AI-N/AI
- Thermal Expansion: 3.3 x 10-6 C
- Absorption: >92% (AM 1.5)
- Remittance: <8% (80 C)
- Vacuum: P <5 x 10-3 Pa
- Stagnation Temperature: >428 F
- Heat Loss: <0.7 W/(m2 C)
- Maximum Strength: 1.0 MPa
- Flow Rate: 1 gallon per minute
- BTU/Day at 2000 BTH/ft2 * d: 28000
- Domestic hot water:
- Radiant space heating
- Pool or spa heating:
- Residential hot water applications
- Commercial hot water applications
- Industrial hot water applications
- Municipal hot water applications
How to Assemble:
Follow our easy to use Evacuated Tube Collector Installation Guide. See below.
For system integration it is highly recommended that a certified SunMaxx Dealer or professional installer is contacted prior to installation. Silicon Solar has a vast growing network of dealers and installers. Please contact us for one near you.
How To Install System:
DIY*: If a DIY’er is not experienced in solar hot water it is recommended the following:
- Tom Lane Lessons Learned (see below link).
- Use your own local installer or resources
- Sign up for a SunMaxx Dealer/Installer Certification Course!
Note: Although thousands can be saved on purchasing direct a ill designed system will not perform optimally. (Silicon Solar is not responsible for improperly installed systems)
A certified SunMaxx Installer will provide the following:
- System Design
- System Troubleshooting
- System Service
- On site communication and other benefits.
- Extended 10 Year Warranty*Most Installers will require a site survey fee redeemable upon completion of purchased installation.
Silicon Solar Inc has a growing network of solar hot water dealers and installers. If you are interested in having your solar hot water heating system installed for you please call us today to schedule a site survey in your area. If you are interested in signing up to become a dealer please do not hesitate to fill out our online dealer application form.
How to Size your Solar Hot Water System:
On average a home requires approximately 20 gallons of hot water per day per person. Using this figure you can calculate which size prepackaged system is suitable for your heating requirements.
If you are looking to utilize a solar hot water heating system for space heating needs please contact our solar hot water sales department so we may provide you with an accurate assessment of your heating requirements. Typically we are able to offset between 40-80% of your home heating needs with a payback period of less than 8 years.
How to Order:
If you are confident with your solar hot water heating requirements you can place your order online by clicking on the add to cart button which is located above. All orders are reviewed by our solar hot water heating department and contacted to ensure that you have ordered the correct merchandise for your application. In the event you have any questions our sales team is available from 8:30AM to 7:30PM EST.
Silicon Solar Inc ships products internationally please ask your sales representative for a shipping rate to your destination.
Notes: The 20 Evacuated Tube Collector is not include in the free shipping program, which means customers will have to pay for the shipment.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1-800-786-0329.
|Dimensions||45.00 × 21.00 in|