30 Evacuated Tube Collector
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
SunMaxx Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are now SRCC & Solar Keymark Certified and now apply for all Federal & State Solar Tax Credits and other incentives!
ThermoPower: 30 Evacuated Tube Collector: Silicon Solar offers pre-packaged solar hot water heating systems for both the do-it-yourself customer and the professional installer. Each system includes the primary components required when installing a solar hot water heating system. It is our goal to keep our product cost low in order to ensure that we are making renewable energy products more affordable to the community.
All systems have been tested under the highest quality standards in order to ensure the longevity of your solar heating system. If you are unsure of where to start or if you require guidance with your solar hot water heating system please feel free to contact a solar hot water specialist at 1-800-786-0329.
Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are extremely efficient and cost-effective particularly in colder climates where other Solar Collectors suffer from limited performance and other problems due to their lack of freeze protection. Evacuated Tube Collectors unlike others are extremely freeze protected leading to efficiencies of over 70% even in freezing temperatures. The unique design and collection properties of these collectors make them exceedingly efficient even in low-light conditions which is another definite advantage during winter.
SunMaxx Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are the most affordable cost-effective solar collectors available on the market today.
How Evacuated Tubes Work:
SunMaxx 30 Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors are designed to efficiently provide hot water for a number of applications in climates and locations across the United States and around the world. SunMaxx customers use the SunMaxx 30 for domestic hot water radiant heating and pool/hot tub heating every day at residential commercial industrial and municipal locations. A SunMaxx 30 provides 58000 BTUs of heating capacity a day under optimum conditions.
- Weight: 254 lbs (without crating)
- Dimensions: 105 (with pipe connections) x 6.6 ft
- Packaging: Ships via freight on a pallet or is available for local pickup (1 pallet is available for residential or commercial delivery.)
- Assembly Time: A collector can be assembled in 1.5 hours
- Manufacturer: Silicon Solar Inc.
- Warranty: 3 Year limited (extended warranty available)
- Expected Lifetime: 25-30 Years
- Fitting: 1 NPT
- Standard Flush and Tilt Mounting Frame
- Manifold (header)
- 30 Revolutionary SunMaxx Evacuated Tubes
- 30 Copper heat pipes
- Hardware required for collector assembly
- Tube Length: 70 in
- Outer Tube Diameter: 2.2 in
- Inner Tube Diameter: 2.1 in
- Tube Thickness: 0.1 in
- Tube Material: Borosilicate Glass 3.3
- Tube Coating: Graded AI-N/AI
- Thermal Expansion: 3.3 x 10-6 C
- Absorption: >92% (AM 1.5)
- Emittance: <8% (80 C)
- Vacuum: P <5 x 10-3 Pa
- Stagnation Temperature: >428 F
- Heat Loss: <0.7 W/(m2 C)
- Maximum Strength: 1.0 MPa
- Flow Rate: 1.5 gallons per minute
- BTU/Day at 2000 BTH/ft2 * d: 42000
- Domestic hot water: Normal hot water for a house
- Radiant floor heating: Systems of any size
- Pool and spa heating: Large and small pools
- Residential hot water applications
- Commercial hot water applications
- Industrial hot water applications
- Municipal hot water applications
How to Assemble:
Assembly of a SunMaxx Evacuated Tube Solar Collector takes roughly 1.5 hours. Assembly requires only a basic understanding of building pre-packaged hardware kits and can be accomplished with only a few common household tools.
Installing a Solar Hot Water System based on SunMaxx Evacuated Tube Solar Collectors requires basic knowledge and experience in plumbing systems and can be accomplished by customers with a working knowledge of:
- Sweating copper pipes or pex piping
- Reading pumping schematics
- Wiring 120v electric or 12v DC electric pumps
- Determining if roof is capable of supporting additional weight of collectors (typically not a problem)
If you have any questions or need assistance with your heating system please call us. We’re here to help!
Silicon Solar Inc has a growing network of solar hot water dealers and installers. If you are interested in having your solar hot water heating system installed for you call us today to schedule a site survey in your area. If you are interested in signing up for our dealer network please do not hesitate to fill out our online dealer application form.
How to Size your Solar Hot Water System (DHW):
On average a homeowner uses approximately 20 gallons of hot water per day per person. Using this figure you can calculate which size prepackage system is suitable for your heating requirements.
If you are looking to utilize a solar hot water heating system for space heating needs please contact our solar hot water sales department so we may provide you with an accurate assessment of your heating requirements. Typically we are able to offset between 40-80% of your home heating needs with a payback period of less than 8 years.
How to Order:
If you are confident with your solar hot water heating requirements you can place your order online by clicking on the add to cart button which is located above. All orders are reviewed by our solar hot water heating department and the customers are contacted in order to ensure that you have ordered the correct merchandise for your application. In the event you have any questions our sales staff are available from 8:30AM to 5:30PM EST.
Silicon Solar Inc ships products internationally please ask your sales representative for a shipping rate to your destination.
Notes: The 30 Evacuated Tube Collector is not include in the free shipping program, which means customers will have to pay for the shipment.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1-800-786-0329.
|Dimensions||242 × 0.00 in|