Solar Cells By The Watt
Solar cells by the watt. Buy solar cells by the watt. This is a cost effective way to start making your own solar panels. If you’re interested in learning more about solar cells and how they work, get started with your first solar panel kit. We also have tabbing materials and the necessary accessories for building your own solar panels.
Questions? Just give us a call at 1-800-786-0329 9AM-5PM EST.
- Additional information
- Reviews (22)
Solar Cells by the Watt
Don't forget the accessories you'll need
- Soldering Iron – make sure you have a good quality soldering iron when soldering solar cells.
- Flux Pen – Is essential when building a solar panel. Not all flux pens are created equal. Make sure the flux will not react with your solar cells after 1-2 years (80% of flux on market will destroy solar cell)
- Tabbing – You’ll need 2mm and 5mm tabbing. The 2mm is for interconnecting between the solar cells, and 5mm between your “strings” of solar cells.
Plan a little before building your solar panels.
- How many watts do you need?
- What voltage do you need?
- Where will the solar panel go?
- How will you encapsulate it?
How to Order?
Simply enter the number of watts you would like in the quantity field above. Each watt corresponds to approximately 2.5″ x 2.5″. We typically include an additional 10% of solar cells to compensate for different sizes.
Our Solar Cells by the Watt are an easy way to learn how solar energy works while saving time and money at the same time.
Our solar cells by the watt come from our damaged solar cells in production that are chipped/broken into large pieces or have been used for testing experiments.
Each group of broken solar cells are designed for experimentation in the solar realm before
making the large investment in making large PV modules.
- Use our highly efficient Poly-crystalline solar cells
- Save $$$ by learning how solar panels are made first hand
- Used by customers of all ages to construct their own custom solar panels
- Be smart and test your knowledge before making the big decision
For anyone who is interested in creating their own solar photovoltaic system, Solar Cells by the Watt are the way to go. After you have completed a solar panel and tested it out, gaining valuable experience in solar panel construction and becoming more comfortable with photovoltaics, you should consider going one step further and giving our commercial grade solar cells a try. Also check out our solar cells by the pound.
In this subcategory you will also find a Solar Cell Information Packet. This offers an easy-to-follow, detailed
introduction into Solar Energy which will help you understand the basics of PV solar technology and teach you how you can make your own solar panel.
|2 × 2 × 2 in
Solar DIY Project & Idea Guides from our Customers
Electroluminescence (EL) Solar Cell & Panel TestingDid you know that EL testing and prevent your solar cell or solar panels... read more
ROCKY POND WITH BEAUTIFUL STATUE POWERED BY SOLAR FOUNTAINBeautiful rocky pond with beautiful statue powered kit using our AquaJet 24V... read more
SOLAR POWERED HALF CIRCLE BLACK STONE BASE FOUNTAIN KITBeautifulhalf circle black stone base fountain kit using our AquaJet 24V solar... read more