Product Details & Specifications
- Charger Type:
Maintainer / Trickle
16-1/8 x 13-1/4" x 3/4"
- Connectors Included:
Alligator Clamps / Cig. Lighter Plug
- Cord Length:
- Solar Cell Type :
Amorphous Thin Film
The AutoSol 5.5W features a high-efficiency amorphous solar panel that delivers un-rivaled performance in bright and partially shady conditions. The solar panel mounts quickly to your windshield or dashboard and plugs into your cigarette lighter or clamps directly to your battery and includes a blocking diode to prevent battery overcharging damage! This is the perfect eco-friendly maintainer for car, truck, marine or any 12V batteries.
Note: This product is not designed to re-charge a fully discharged battery. Batteries depleted beyond 80% cannot be charged with this product.
- Easy to Use – No Installation Necessary
- Maintains and Trickle Charges 12V Batteries
- Works in Low Light or Cloudy Conditions
- Use for Cars Light-Duty Trucks, ATV’s, Motorcycles, Tractors, Boats and More
- ABS Plastic Exterior / Weatherproof Construction / Maintenance Free
- Pre-Drilled Holes & Screws For Easy Mounting
- Includes Cigarette Lighter Adapter & Alligator Clamps
- Includes 9.5′ Power Cord
Compare This Product To:
Sunforce 50022 5-Watt Solar Battery Trickle Charger (ASIN#: ASINB0006JO0TC, Sunforce, 50022, 50022SU)
About Amorphous Solar Power
Solar panels convert sunlight into an electric current, they do not store power. Amorphous solar panels are created by spraying silicon onto glass in very thin layers, and are commonly known as thin film solar panels. This process allows them to be better at generating electricity in all lighting conditions, including cloudy or shady environments. They have a maximum operating temperature range of -40 to 176-degrees Fahrenheit, requiring virtually no maintenance. They can even withstand impacts from one-inch hailstones at 50 miles-per-hour.
Advantages of Solar Power
We’ve pretty well established that Going Green News is all for environmentally safe, sustainable and renewable resources. In other writings, we’ve defined that as (primarily) solar, wind and water generated. Hydrogen technologies are not yet commercially viable, so we don’t include them at this time. In this article we’ll be looking at the advantages that Solar power offers over other Green technologies.
- Low/no maintenance. Once a solar farm is set up, the panels go on collecting energy for a long time with minimal care.
- Low space requirements means that they can be mounted most anywhere, including rooftops (which are often wasted space.)
- Solar isn’t just photo-electric. It can also be used to heat homes, heat water for cleaning and bathing, etc.
- Small solar chargers can deliver portable energy to gadgets and light-duty devices, freeing us from plug-ins.
- As we become more energy conscientious, more devices will be engineered to operate on minimal energy (and solar cells will become more effective at harnessing the sun,) making solar devices as common as the solar calculators we’ve been using for decades.
These five points go far to demonstrate how solar power is feasible and useful now. People have been using solar energy as their primary source for a long time, and the advancements in solar technology just keep on coming. When we consider the nearly incalculable power of the sun’s rays, it’s clear that solar technologies must be a major part of our Green energy solutions.
General Documents & Resources
- Silicon Solar Company Information Brochure
- Solar How-To & Troubleshooting Videos
- Interested In Solar Hot Water? Check Out Our Solar Hot Water Training Videos
Product Documents & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
Product Image Gallery
Product Video Gallery
Questions? Ready To Order? Need Assistance?
Or, Fill Out Our Quick-Contact Form
Contact Silicon Solar Today!
2917 State Hwy 7
Bainbridge, NY 13733
Why Shop With Us
Silicon Solar is, and always will be, a family owned and operated solar company dedicated to providing the highest quality solar powered products which have completed our rigorous quality inspection. We also manufacture a full line of solar powered products right here in our production facility; enabling us offer faster delivery and priority technical support.
Search our online catalog for hundreds of solar lights, solar fountains and many other products, including solar cells and solar panels. We also manufacture custom solar kits upon request for professors and educational programs.
Call us today for your solar request, 1.800.786.0329