40 Gallon Thermosyphon Solar Hot Water System
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
40 Gallon Thermosyphon Solar Hot Water System: ThermoPower: Silicon Solar offers pre-packaged solar hot water heating systems for both the do-it-yourself customer and the professional installer. Each system includes the primary components required when installing a solar hot water heating system. It is our goal to keep our product cost low in order to ensure that we are making renewable energy products more affordable to the community.
All systems have been tested under the highest quality standards to ensure the longevity of your solar heating system.
If you are unsure of where to start or if you require guidance with your solar hot water heating system please feel free to contact a solar hot water specialist at 1-800-786-0329.
Head-To-Head: 40G DIY Solar Kit Vs Avg. 40G Gas Water Heater
|40G Thermosyphon||Avg 40G Gas Heater|
|Unit Cost||$ 1,249.95||$ 948.00|
|Installation Cost||$ 0 (DIY)||$ 0 (Included)|
|Federal Credit (30%)||– $ 374.99||– $ 0|
|Total Up Front Cost||$ 874.96||$ 948.00|
|1 Year Operating Cost||$ 108.00||$ 360.00|
|Total 1 Year Cost||$ 982.96||$ 1,308.00|
|Save $325.04 With Solar
Based On National Avg Costs & A 70% Solar Fraction
How This DIY Solar Water Heater Works:
Actual Test Data:
- Temperature Loss (night): <1.5 F per hour
- Temperature Rise (Avg): 8-15 F per hour
- Hot Water Output: 40-60 gallons per day at 100-150 F at 2 G per minute
Through natural convection hot water rises and cold water sinks. This principal explains the basic operation of a Thermosyphon System. Cold water sinks from the storage tank (header) into the evacuated tubes. While in the tubes the cold water is heated. As the water is heated it rises back up into the header. Throughout the day all of the cold water within the Thermosyphon System will be heated in this way.
Hot Water Production (DHW):
Each system is designed to produce 40 gallons of domestic hot water per day in a northern climate. The system will produce more hot water in warmer climates which receive additional insolation. Please note that hot water temperatures are designed to reach 130-180 F.
- Weight: 264 lbs
- Dimensions: 32 Square feet of roof space is required for the solar collector.
- Packaging: Ships via freight on a pallet or is available for local pickup (1 pallet is available for residential or commercial delivery)
- Installation: 1-2 days
- Manufacturer: Silicon Solar Inc.
- Fitting: 3/4 NPT
- (1) SunMaxx-TS20 Solar Collector (20 Tubes)
- (1) Mounting Hardware Frame
- (1) Insulated Storage Tank/Manifold (40 Gallon)
- (1) Expansion Tank
- (1) Installation Instructions
- (1) SUPPORT TEAM (to help you when you need it)
- Inner Tank Material: SUS316L Stainless Steel
- Inner Tank Thickness: 0.02 in (0.6 mm)
- Outer Tank Material: SUS304 Stainless Steel
- Outer Tank Thickness: 0.06 in (1.5 mm)
- Insulation Material: Polyurethane
- Insulation Thickness: 2 in (50 mm)
- Frame Material: Coated Galvanized Steel
- Frame Thickness: 0.6 in (1.5mm)
- Copper Heating Coil Diameter: 0.47 in (12 mm)
- Copper Heating Coil Thickness: 0.03 in (0.8 mm)
- Copper Heating Coil Length: 115 ft (35 m)
- Operating Pressure: <6 bar
- Tested Pressure: 10 bar
- Domestic hot water
- Space Heating
How to Install:
Follow our easy to use Thermosyphon Installation & Assembly Guide below
Note: It is recommended that a certified SunMaxx Dealer is contacted prior to installation or a professional hot water installer.
If you have any questions or if you need assistance with your heating system please call us. We’re here to help!
Silicon Solar Inc has a growing network of solar hot water dealers and installers. If you are interested in having your solar hot water heating system installed for you please call us today to schedule a site survey in your area. If you are interested in signing up to be a dealer please do not hesitate to fill out our online dealer application form.
How to Size your Solar Hot Water System:
On average a home requires approximately 20 gallons of hot water per day per person. Using this figure you can calculate which size prepackage system is suitable for your heating requirements.
If you are looking to utilize a solar hot water heating system for space heating needs please contact our solar hot water sales department so we may provide you with an accurate assessment of your heating requirements. Typically we are able to offset between 40-80% of your home heating needs with a payback period of less than 8 years.
How to Order:
If you are confident with your solar hot water heating requirements you can place your order online by clicking on the add to cart button which is located above. All orders are reviewed by our solar hot water heating department and customers are contacted to ensure that you have ordered the correct merchandise for your application. In the event you have any questions our sales team is available from 8:00AM to 5:00PM PST.
Silicon Solar Inc ships products internationally please ask your sales representative for a shipping rate to your location.
|Dimensions||242 × 23.00 in|