Download Product Documents
Product Details & Specifications
Outback MPPT Charge Controller 60a: The FLEXmax family of charge controllers is the latest innovation in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controllers from OutBack Power Systems. Both continuous and active the innovative FLEXmax MPPT software algorithm allows this controller to increase your photovoltaic array power yield up to 30% as compared to non-MPPT controllers. By utilizing active cooling and intelligent thermal management cooling FLEXmax charge controllers are able to operate at a maximum current rating of 80 Amps even when ambient temperatures are as high as 104°F (40°C).
FLEXmax Charge Controllers such as this include revolutionary features such as the ability to support a wide range of nominal battery voltages and to step-down a higher voltage solar array to recharge a lower voltage battery bank. This controller also features a built-in backlit 80 character display which shows the current status of your system in addition to logged system performance data for the last 128 days all at the touch of a button. Through a MATE system display the integrated OutBack network communications allows these Charge Controllers to be remotely programmed and monitored providing unrivaled complete system integration.
- Output Current Rating: 60 amps continuous at 40°C ambient temperature
- Default Battery System Voltage: 12 24 36 48 or 60 VDC (adjustable)
- PV Open Circuit Voltage: 150 VDC Maximum (ETL Rating for UL1741 Standard)
- Operating Temperature Range: 40° to 60°C de-rated above 40°C
- Operational max: 145 VDC
- Standby Power Consumption: Less than 1 watt typical
- Voltage Step Down Capability: Down convert from any PV array voltage within PV VOC limits of 145 VDC to any battery system voltage. Examples: 72V array to 24V; 60V array to 48V
- Digital Display: 4 line 20 character per line backlit LCD display
- Remote Interface: RJ45 modular connector Cat 5 cable 8 wire
- Temperature corrected VOC
- Conduit Knockouts: One 1 on the back; one 1 on the left side; two 1 on the bottom
- Warranty: Five years parts and labor
- Options Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS): HUB 4 HUB 10 MATE MATE2
- Menu Languages English and Spanish
- Dimensions: 13.5 H x 5.75 W x 4 D
- Boxed Dimensions: 18 H x 11 W x 8 D
- Weight: 11.6 lbs (Boxed: 14 lbs)
- Engineered to work with 12 24 36 48 and 60 VDC battery voltages
- Backlit LCD display screen with 80 characters (4 lines 20 characters per line)
- Last 128 days of operational data are logged for review
- Voltage step-down capability allowing a higher PV array voltage configuration
- Manual and auto-equalize cycle
- Recharging regulation: 5 stage (bulk absorption battery full float equalization)
- Voltage regulation set points: 13-80 VDC
- Temperature Compensation with Optional RTS Sensor: 5 millivolts C per 2V cell
- Environmental Rating: Indoor type 1
Looking for a high performance efficient and versatile charge controller for an advanced energy system? Look no further than these FLEXmax MPPT Charge Controllers.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1-800-786-0329 or send a Support Ticket.