Download Product Documents
Product Details & Specifications
|Dimensions||79.00 x 4.00 in|
Now SRCC Certified!
Flat Plate Solar Collectors:
The main use of this technology is in residential applications where the demand for hot water has a large impact on energy bills. This generally means a situation with a large family or a situation in which the hot water demand is especially high due to frequent laundry washing or any other reason. Commercial applications include laundromats car washes eating establishments and military laundry facilities.
This technology can also be used for space heating in buildings which are off-grid or if utility power is subject to frequent outages. Solar water heating systems are most likely to be cost effective for facilities with water heating systems that are expensive to operate or with operations such as laundries or kitchens which require large quantities of hot water.
The typical flat plate collector panel used in solar water heating is an insulated weatherproof metal box which contains a dark solar absorber plate under one or more transparent covers. The dark absorber soaks up heat from sunlight passing through the cover and then gives the heat up to a heat transfer fluid flowing past or through the absorber.
This liquid flat plate collector is designed to absorb radiant solar energy. The solar radiation is converted into heat on the inner all-copper absorber. The copper tubes attached to the absorber contain a liquid (either water or a water antifreeze mix) which transports the heat to storage either a solar tank or a water heater. This process continues until the tank is hot for evening and morning use whenever enough sun is available.
- SRCC certified
- Affordable solar heating solution
- Easily integrated into existing heating systems
- Domestic and commercial hot water
- Waste water
- Cooling with absorption chillers
- 6063 T6 bronze anodized aluminum frame with compression-fitted molded corner EPDM glass seal holding 5/32 solar glass / structural member.
- Unique nest-and-lock construction for safe transport of up to 20 SunMaxx-FP Collectors
- Dimensions (LxWxH):
Imperial: 6.5 ft x 3.2 ft x 3 inches
Metric: 16.5 cm x 8.1 cm x 7.6 cm
- Collector Type:SulMaxx-FP Series
- Gross Area:2.03 m2
- Aperture Area:1.84 m2
- Absorber Area: 1.73 m2
- Number of covers: 1
- Cover material: Patterned tough low iron glass
- Cover thickness: 4 mm
- Cover Transmission: 94%
- Weight: 80 lbs
- Material: Red Copper
- Surface Treatment: Black Chromed or sputtering blue
- Construction Type: Fin and Tube (Ultrasonic Welding)
- Header Material: Copper TP2
- Header tuber size: 25 mm – 0.8mm 2pcs
- Riser Material: Copper TP2
- Riser tuber size: 10 mm – 0.6mm 8pcs
- Insulation Material: Fiberglass insulation (black backing)
- Insulation thickness: 50 mm sides 30 mm
- Density: 48 kg per cubic meters
- Frame: Aluminum alloy
- Frame Color: Silver Anodized
- Back Plate: Galvanized steel plate (0.21 mm x 0.5 mm) or Aluminum plate
- Maximum Operation Temperature: 200 C
- Maximum Pressure: 1400 kPa
- Sealing Gasket: NBR or EPDM
- Standard packing: Four corners and connection pipes are protected by foam and cardboard carton
*The item you are viewing is in yellow to view other models please click on the item number. All items are available for online ordering.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1-800-786-0329 or send a Support Ticket.