Product Details & Specifications
6-1/8 (L) x 6-1/8 (W)
- Amp (isc):
The picture is just a representation of color actual item size is listed below.
The 0.55V 3W Commercial Solar Cell is ideal for home and commercial solar applications and solar panel construction of any size. Each Commercial Solar Cell features ultra-high efficiency great durability and is laser-cut to exacting specifications for precision quality control and guaranteed performance.
Item is a thin wafer Very Fragile as a result is not returnable.
Silicon Solar provides the some of the highest grade Mono-Crystalline solar cells that are available on the consumer market. These cells are cut with laser precision accuracy that guarantees the same cell size from one to the next. Silicon Solar sells these cells in small or large quantities making them an affordable and quality choice for DIY’ers alike. An excellent choice for solar panel customization.
Photovoltaic devices use semiconducting materials to convert sunlight directly into electricity. Solar radiation which is nearly constant outside the Earth’s atmosphere varies with changing atmospheric conditions (clouds and dust) and the changing position of the Earth relative to the sun. Nevertheless almost all U.S. regions have useful solar resources that can be accessed.
- Yale University (Solar Panels)
- AFJ Electronic Division (Solar Cell Research)
- Quiang Innovations Ltd. (Solar Cells)
- Design Studio Ltd (Custom Solar Cells)
- Dartmouth University (UniCells)
- Sea Launch Program (Solar Cells)
- All solar cells are tested before each shipment to ensure maximum efficiency and output.
- Each solar cell is in new condition and not susceptible to micro-cracks a product of scrap or used cells.
- Our skilled technical staff keeps updated on the newest solar cell technology.
- High efficiency
- High output
- A proprietary anti-reflective coating provides superior color uniformity
- Solar Cell Type: Mono-Crystalline
- Voltage: 0.55V
- Amperage: 6000mA
- Wattage: 3W
- Dimensions 6-1/8 (L) x 6-1/8 (W)
- Soldering Iron (We recommend having one, you will need it!)
- Flux: We recommend flux for connecting the tabbing material to your solar cells. Without flux soldering can be very difficult!
- Interconnection material (recommended for every purchase). This material allows you to interconnect the solar cells together.
- Interested in learning more?: The below book is a simple DIY guide to building your own solar panels, background information guide on solar cells and solar technology.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1.800.786.0329
Product Image Gallery
No Additional Images Exist.
General Documents & Resources
- Silicon Solar Company Information Brochure
- Solar How-To & Troubleshooting Videos
- Interested In Solar Hot Water? Check Out Our Solar Hot Water Training Videos
Product Documents & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
- What materials do you need to make a solar panel?
- Where are our commercial and broken cells manufactured?
- What is a photovoltaic cell?
Reference Projects Using This Product
Questions? Ready To Order? Need Assistance?
Or, Fill Out Our Quick-Contact Form
Contact Silicon Solar Today!
2917 State Hwy 7
Bainbridge, NY 13733
Why Shop With Us
Silicon Solar is, and always will be, a family owned and operated solar company dedicated to providing the highest quality solar powered products which have completed our rigorous quality inspection. We also manufacture a full line of solar powered products right here in our production facility; enabling us offer faster delivery and priority technical support.
Search our online catalog for hundreds of solar lights, solar fountains and many other products, including solar cells and solar panels. We also manufacture custom solar kits upon request for professors and educational programs.
Call us today for your solar request, 1.800.786.0329