Product Details & Specifications
The picture is just a representation of color actual item size is listed below.
P-Maxx 400mA: Commercial Solar Cell from Silicon Solar Inc – 0.55V / 400mA / 0.22W – ideal for commercial residential and educational DIY solar panel projects and solar energy experimentation. Each commercial solar cell is laser-cut to exacting standards to provide precise sizing and performance and the low prices you demand.
Silicon Solar provides the some of the highest grade Poly-Crystalline solar cells that are available on the consumer market. These cells are cut with laser precision accuracy that guarantees the same cell size from one to the next. Silicon Solar sells these cells in small or large quantities making them an affordable and quality choice for DIYers alike. An excellent choice for solar panel customization.
Photovoltaic devices use semiconducting materials to convert sunlight directly into electricity. Solar radiation which is nearly constant outside the Earth’s atmosphere varies with changing atmospheric conditions (clouds and dust) and the changing position of the Earth relative to the sun. Nevertheless almost all U.S. regions have useful solar resources that can be accessed.
- Yale University (Solar Panels)
- AFJ Electronic Division (Solar Cell Research)
- Quiang Innovations Ltd. (Solar Cells)
- Design Studio Ltd (Custom Solar Cells)
- Dartmouth University (UniCells)
- Sea Launch Program (Solar Cells)
- All solar cells are tested before each shipment to ensure maximum efficiency and output.
- Each solar cell is in new condition and not susceptible to micro-cracks a product of scrap or used cells.
- Our skilled technical staff keeps updated on the newest solar cell technology.
- High efficiency
- High output
- A proprietary anti-reflective coating provides superior color uniformity
- Poly-Crystalline Solar Cell Type
- Voltage: 0.55V
- Amerage: 400mA
- Wattage: 0.22W
- Efficiency: 14.8%
- Dimensions are 3-1/6 (L) x 12/16 (H)
Soldering Iron (We recommend having one, you will need it!)
Flux: We recommend flux for connecting the tabbing material to your solar cells. Without flux soldering can be very difficult!
Interconnection material (recommended for every purchase). This material allows you to interconnect the solar cells together.
Interested in learning more?: The below book is a simple DIY guide to building your own solar panels, background information guide on solar cells and solar technology.
If you have questions need help or simply feel uncomfortable placing your order online feel free to contact the product representative at 1.800.786.0329